It is an interesting game-based interactive city guide project from a group of young developers in Italy.
"You can choose Venice and Verona: each adventure starts with a prologue that you’ll read before beginning to explore the city, to delve into the right mood. Then, a series of fascinating stories will help you discover the most remarkable places in the city. In each place, a mysterious detail is hidden, and it’s your job to decipher it so that you can continue the adventure. Each game session starts by giving you a general idea of where the first location on your itinerary is – this will also be the scene of the first story you read. As you make your way there, a “compass” function will accompany you, indicating whether you’re going in the right direction and how far you have left to go. When you get close to the right place, you’ll be able to read the story, access the enigma, solve it and move on to the next location. One step and one enigma at a time, the game continues until you reach the final destination.
You can select how long you wish to play for, as well as the level of difficulty (easy or advanced). You can even invite your friends (up to five people) to play as a group. Just add their contact numbers to the list and they’ll receive a text message telling them about the app and inviting them to play with you." [WhaiWhai]
How does it works?
"You can launch the WHAIWHAI application at any time after you have purchased the edition of your choice from the Apple Store. Once you’ve made this purchase, you can play an unlimited number of times.
- To begin playing, enter your name and info. The system will remember you for future games as well. Type in the number of hours you wish to play (from 1 to 9) and your desired difficulty level.
- Read the prologue or watch the trailer for the story. This is the best way to get into the mood and delve into the story, where you’re about to become the hero.
- WHAIWHAI will tell you, roughly, where the scene of the first story is. Use the map to orient yourself. The compass function will be your guide along the way; it will tell you if you’re on the right street and will let you know when you’re getting close to right place.
- When you approach your destination, you’ll be able to read the entire story. Enjoy it as you get acquainted with the very place described in the story.
- WHAIWHAI will then ask you to solve an enigma: look carefully around you to find the answer. If you answer correctly, you will then receive indications to continue to the next location. You’ll get three tries; even if you don’t get the right answer, WHAIWHAI will still let you move on to the next place.
- To play with your friends, just add their mobile numbers to the list. You can invite up to five people to either play with you in a group or in challenge mode.
- Not sure if you’ll like it? Try it out with the WHAIWHAI demo: you can do a two-stage itinerary without having to buy the app.
- If you receive a game code via text from a friend as an invitation, just type the code in the space provided to start the game. If you’ve never played before, though, you’ll need to purchase the app for the city you’ll be playing in.
- For more information and support write to firstname.lastname@example.org or look at our other contacts." [WhaiWhai app]